Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Fresh Starts and Happy Thoughts

Hey everyone,


I'm super excited to start this blog, so thank you for taking the time to read this. I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, several months in fact. I'm currently overcoming a tough time, and I now want to try and focus on the good and positive things in my life, rather than the things that have been weighing me down. This blog is a way for me to do that - to share all my happy memories and little bits and bobs of my daily life with all of you. 

So I guess I should introduce myself with a couple of fun facts about me so you can all know who I am. Lets do this in bullet points, how lovely and neat and exciting:
  • My name is Aimee, I'm 20 years old, and I live in Jersey in the Channel Islands
  • I'm currently studying a Social Sciences degree, and in a couple of months I'll hopefully be finished with it (which is good because I'm hating it)
  • I have a gorgeous new puppy called Oscar (I'll make another blog post about him soon!)
  • I watch way too many tv shows for my own good
  • I love watching youtube videos, particularly vlogs and beauty videos
  • In my free time I'm a complete bookworm and I also write, although I'm too scared to let anyone read my work!
  • Recently I've been trying to get into baking, having been inspired by The Great British Bake Off :)
Not going to lie, I really struggled to think of things to write there, although I think we all would! It's kind of like when you're at your first day of school or work, or in a new class and you have to "say a fact about yourself". I don't know about you, but in those situations I always freeze on the spot in a blind panic because knowing me I'll say something silly or embarrassing and then spend the next hour wishing I hadn't opened my mouth at all.

Maybe one day I'll get better at talking about myself, and just other things in general, but for right now I'm taking things one step at a time. Like this blog post is titled, I'm thinking about fresh starts and happy thoughts. Spring has sprung; the sun has come out and the world feels beautiful. 

Keep smiling and take care,
Aimee x

1 comment: